Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hi everybody!

Well as we all know, I am not very good at keeping up with this blog...but that is soon going to change! Matt and I have our follow up appointment with our doctor two weeks from today, which is very exciting for us! This appointment is where we will set the date for our very first IVF! (Eeeek!!) 

Now, we fully understand that not every body agrees with our decision to go through IVF in a public manner. We understand that some of our friends and family members believe that this should be a private matter between the two of us, and does not belong on the internet. Although we understand these opinions, we also have an understanding of something that many of you don't, and that is going through infertility. It's an emotional and expensive journey that you honestly just don't understand unless you've been through it. 

We have made the decision to put our journey on the internet for a couple of reasons. One being that we really can use all the support we can get. The other reason is that I might be helping somebody get through their infertility struggle. I've spent countless hours reading other women's blogs and watching YouTube channels devoted fully to infertility.  I've read some amazing, and inspirational stories on women overcoming infertility and becoming mothers after years of struggling, and they truly do help. It helps to read about others experiences with IVF, and how they dealt with all the doctors appointments, blood work, and shots.  They give women currently going through it hope that it will al be worth it. 

That all being said, I am going to do my best to update frequently while we are going through IVF. If you don't want to read about our experiences, than please don't feel like you have too. I'm doing this for myself, my friends and family who want to follow our journey, and for all the women who might be going through this in the future. I'll talk to you all in two weeks with any news :) 

Thanks for listening,

Torie

No comments:

Post a Comment