Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hey guys!

So first of all, I just want to apologize for being off the grid for a while. The day of the transfer, I actually came home and wrote a post about it, but I got lazy and never posted it.  So, I guess we'll start from there!

We had our transfer on Monday, December 16th. My nurse called at 7:45 am and asked us to be there at 8:30. I quickly called Matt at work and we rushed down to the clinic. I wasn't allowed to wear make up, lotion, perfume, or deodorant. So basically, I looked and smelled bad. ;) We got there and I changed into my lovely hospital clothes again, and signed some paper work. 

The doctor came in and gave us a picture of our beautiful little embryos and explained what would be happening. We hung out for a little while, and then the nurse came in and walked me to the O.R. I then had our two beautiful Grade AA embryos come home to me. I had to lay in the recovery room for about 20 minutes, and then we came home! Matt had to go back to work, so I made a bed on the couch and watched movies all day.


Our beautiful babies!(that kind of look like aliens :))

So a few days went by, and I was already going crazy wishing I knew if it had worked or not. So day four rolled around and I just couldn't take it anymore. So, I took a pregnancy test. I waited for a few minutes to look at it, but when I did, there was a second line(which means it's positive). It was SO faint, but it was there. So my heart skipped a beat, but I decided to wait to show Matt until I could take another test the next morning. Well, I didn't exactly make it till the next morning. That night, I took another test, and that one was clearly positive. Matt and I jumped around and couldn't believe what we were seeing. Tears filled Matthew's eyes, and we just sat there and stared at that test. We called my parents and celebrated with them, but told her not to tell anybody tell our blood test confirmed it!

So day by day, the tests got darker. Finally, the day of my blood test was here! I left the clinic after getting my blood drawn and waited anxiously for the call. Around 8:30 she called and said "Merry Christmas, your pregnant!" Those were the best words I could have ever imagined hearing. That night we called everybody and told them, and put it on facebook of course! ;)
 "Guess what...we're PREGNANT! baby Marshall's
estimated due date is September 2014!


This morning, we had our second blood test to make sure all my levels were rising correctly. She called and said my level more than doubled, and everything looked really good! Our first ultra sound is scheduled for next Friday, which is when we will find out how many babies we have growing in there! My nurse says she's sure there's two in there based on how high my levels are, but we'll know for sure in a week!

I'll be back on next week with an update and hopefully some pictures! I hope everybody had an awesome Christmas!

Till next time!

Torie

No comments:

Post a Comment