Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Shots Shots Shots..

Hey everyone!

So first of all, I hope everybody had an awesome Thanksgiving! My parents came up and cooked a big fancy dinner for us, so of course ours was good! We took advantage of them being here, and decorated our tree and looked at Christmas lights. Daisy LOVED having Grandma and Grandpa here! She would jump all over them and shake her little butt every time she saw them.  Unfortunately, the have a life( I know..how dare they have a life beyond me!) and they had to go back to Redding.
My wonderful, supportive, strong, amazing Mamma.
 I love her So incredibly much. 

Our very fist Christmas tree as a married couple.

Our new little village :)

Second of all, I realized that I am already on my third day of injections, and I haven't even let you guys know how it's going! Man, I sure am slacking! So let's start from the beginning, shall we...

The day before Thanksgiving, I had my baseline ultrasound. This is when they are looking for cysts, polyps, or anything else that may have appeared that could cause the IVF to be compramised. Everything looked good, so my nurse called later that day to give me my injection dosages. She told me to take 450 IU's of Follistim on Sunday evening, and then take 225 IU's Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday twice a day, as well as my hcg shot in the evenings. Now, at first I was a little upset with that! I was originally only supposed to give myself two shots a day...but since the dosage was so high, they wanted to split it up between the morning and the evening. That means I'm giving myself twice the shots! But after my first shot, I really didn't care anymore.

Sorry for this gross picture..but it does the process justice.

Sunday evening was the start date. That was when I gave myself my fist two injections. I of course was nervous to start...not only to stick the needle in myself, but also of the effects the medication might have on my body. I got all of my medication out, and prepared my two shots just like they showed me in class. Matt offered to do it for me, but I wanted(and needed) to do it myself. It took me a minute to get the courage up to actually do it, but once I did, I was totally fine. The needles are pretty tiny, and I honestly can barely feel it. After that first poke, it was very easy to give myself my injections. Matt usually isn't home...in fact, he's only been home for one...but he always gets my morning injection ready for me, so I can just inject it and go back to sleep.

And just because this is my least favorite part of it all... 
This is was the life of an IVFer looks life ;)

Now, do you guys want to hear how I'm feeling? Well, If you don't, too bad. I'm telling you anyways! I felt totally fine on Sunday night after my first injection. Matt got me up on Monday and I gave myself my morning injection and went back to sleep for a couple of hours.  I woke up feeling a little bloated, and a little down in the dumps. So, I had the day off of work, and decided I did not want to just sit at home and feel sorry for myself all day. I called up my friend, and we went to lunch and then shopped(well, more like bought things we didn't need). That cheered me up, and made me forget about all this for a few hours. Seven rolled around and I geared up for my next shot. I got everything ready and gave them to myself and then proceeded to watch Vampire Diaries on Netflix. Matt came home, and we ate dinner and then something weird happened...I randomly started crying for no apparent reason. This happened twice last night! Poor Matt just let me cry irrationally, and hugged me. Stupid hormones. I then spent the rest of my night(and this morning) running back and forth to the bathroom. So, today I am laying in bed feeling very crampy and incredibly bloated. But the good news is, I have a very sweet puppy to keep me company...now if only I could get her to stop trying to walk on my stomach.

Even though I'm feeling like this, I know it will all be worth it. Starting tomorrow, I have ultrasounds and blood work every other day(at 7 am -_-). They will be monitoring my follicles to make sure they are growing at the right pace, and then retrieval should be the middle of next week sometime. I will be back on sometime in the near future to let everyone know how it's going! Sorry for the incredibly long blog post!

Till next time!

Torie

No comments:

Post a Comment